Thursday, July 17, 2008

One down and about a hundred more to go

Finally! I have finished one of my DIY craft projects. Originally it was going to be a framed monogram similar to this one from Jack and Lulu.



In place of the monogram I used the baby's name in the nursery colors.

Supplies I used for this project:
~Paper cutter
~1 sheet of pink and green paisley scrapbook paper from Michaels
~1 sheet of green scrapbook paper from Michaels
~Simple white frame from Target
~Mat from Michaels (the window in the mat for the frame that came from Target was too small)
~Exacto knife
~Glue
~Tape
~Pink glitter chipboard letters from Two Peas in a Bucket.


How I made it:
I first replaced the mat in the frame since the one that came with the frame had too small of a window. Next I cut down one sheet of pink and green paisley scrapbook paper so that it was 1/2" larger on all sides than the window in the mat. I then taped the paper to the back of the mat. Using an exacto knife I then cut the green sheet of scrapbook paper into letters that were slightly larger than the chipboard letters and glued the chipboard letters to the green paper letters to create a thin border around the letters. Then I glued the letters to the pink and green paisley scrapbook paper. Then I placed the whole thing in the frame and Voila! Wall art for my little Peanut's nursery.





Next on my DIY to do list; finish knitting a scarf for mom.

No comments: